A picture can tell a thousand words.
So, thank the Lord for creative commons.
It’s a place to go when there’s no photography budget and you need an image in a hurry.
Creative commons licences allow for images to be re-used so long as certain conditions are met.
One of the best places to look for them is Flickr.
Here’s what you do looking for a picture:
1. Go to Flickr.com.
2. Let’s say we’re looking for a picture of a computer. Search everyone’s uploads for the terms ‘creative commons + computer.’
3. You’ll have a stack of thumbnails to look through.
4. Make a selection. Click on the image you want. This is what it will look like:
5. Double check the creative commons licence. That’s on the right hand side of the image. Half way down.
6. Click actions. That’s just above the image.
7. Choose a size. Download it.
8. Use the picture creatively.
9. If you can’t find it using the general search have a look at opting for searching for The Commons…
10. Now sit back and have a slice of cake.
Creative commons credits: